Serving Size 1
Total Fat 19 g
Saturated Fat 4 g
Sodium 863 mg
Total Carbohydrate 26.5 g
Dietary Fiber 5 g
Protein 28.5 g
Ingredients and Preparation
Whole wheat bread, sliced into ½-inch cubes 3 slices
Olive oil 2 + 2 teaspoons
Garlic cloves, minced 1 + 1
Parmesan cheese, grated 1 + 1 tablespoon
Chicken cutlets 6 ounces
Salt ¼ teaspoon
Freshly ground pepper to taste
Juice of ½ lemon
Low-fat mayonnaise 2 tablespoons
Worcestershire sauce ¼ teaspoon
Anchovy fillet, chopped (optional) 1
Romaine lettuce, washed, cut into ribbons, and dried 1 head
- Preheat the oven to 350˚F.
- In a small bowl, toss together bread cubes, 2 teaspoons olive oil, garlic, and 1 tablespoon of Parmesan cheese. Distribute croutons onto a baking sheet and bake in the oven, tossing occasionally, for about 10 minutes, until golden. Remove and let cool.
- Heat 2 teaspoons of the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Season chicken with the salt and pepper and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side, until lightly browned and cooked through. Remove from skillet and set aside. Once chicken has cooled off a bit, slice into strips.
- In a blender, combine lemon juice, mayonnaise, Worcestershire sauce, anchovy fillet, and remaining garlic and Parmesan cheese. Process until smooth.
- Toss together lettuce and dressing and distribute onto plates. Top each plate with chicken and croutons.