Ingredients and Preparation
- In a large saucepan, bring the broth and water to a boil.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a Dutch oven or large pot over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic, and cook for 2-3 minutes, until onion is tender. Add carrots, celery, and potatoes, and cook for 3-4 minutes, until carrots are tender.
- Add hot broth and water to vegetable mixture and stir. Season with thyme, parsley, salt, and pepper. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 10-12 minutes. Stir in tomatoes and beans, cover, and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Let stand a few minutes before serving.
- Top with Parmesan cheese.