Serving Size ½ of recipe
Total Fat 7.5 g
Saturated Fat 1 g
Sodium 303 mg
Total Carbohydrate 14 g
Dietary Fiber 3 g
Protein 3.5 g
Ingredients and Preparation
Portabella mushroom caps 4 large
Olive oil 1 + 2 teaspoons
Fresh lemon juice 1 tablespoon
Garlic, minced 2 cloves
Shallot, chopped ¼ cup
Yellow bell pepper, diced ½ cup
Zucchini, diced ½ cup
Plum tomatoes, seeded and diced 2
Fresh basil, chopped 1 + 2 tablespoons
Dried marjoram ¼ teaspoon
Salt ¼ teaspoon
Fresh ground pepper to taste
Non-stick cooking spray
Shredded part-skim mozzarella ½ cup
- Remove mushroom stems (if present) and scrape out the brown gills from the undersides of the caps using a spoon.
- Mix together 1 teaspoon oil and lemon juice, and then brush all over the mushroom caps.
- Heat 2 teaspoons oil in a medium non-stick skillet over medium heat. Add garlic, shallot, bell pepper, and zucchini, and sauté until tender, about 3-4 minutes. Stir in tomatoes, 1 tablespoon basil, and marjoram, and cook for another 1-2 minutes. Remove from heat and season with salt and pepper.
- Spray grill rack or indoor grill with non-stick cooking spray and then place the mushroom caps stem-side down on the grill. Grill mushrooms for about 5 minutes on each side, until soft.
- Remove mushrooms from grill, fill with the vegetable mixture, and top with mozzarella cheese. Return mushrooms, filled-side up, to the grill. Cover and cook for about 3 minutes, until cheese is melted. Garnish with the remaining 2 tablespoons of chopped basil.