Serving Size ½ of recipe
Total Fat 18 g
Saturated Fat 4.5 g
Sodium 451 mg
Total Carbohydrate 24 g
Dietary Fiber 1 g
Protein 23.5 g
Ingredients and Preparation
Wild salmon, drained 1 (6-ounce) can
Large egg, beaten 1
Celery stalk , finely diced ½
Fresh chives, chopped 2 + 1 tablespoons
Fresh parsley, chopped 1 tablespoon
Plain bread crumbs 1/2 cup
Freshly ground pepper to taste
Olive oil 1 teaspoon
Lemon, cut into wedges ½ + juice of ¼ lemon
Light mayonnaise 2 tablespoons
Reduced-fat sour cream 2 tablespoons
- Preheat oven to 450˚F.
- In a medium bowl, flake salmon with a fork. Add egg, celery, 2 tablespoons chives, parsley, breadcrumbs, and pepper, and mix well. Use hands to form into 4 small patties.
- Heat olive oil in a nonstick skillet and add salmon cakes. Cook over medium-high heat for 2-3 minutes on each side, until lightly browned.
- Transfer patties to a nonstick baking sheet and cook for an additional 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the sauce by combining the mayonnaise, sour cream, remaining chives, and lemon juice in a small bowl.
- Serve salmon cakes with sauce and lemon wedges.