Great women’s care begins at Valley Regional Medical Center. If you need maternity care, ob/gyn surgery or are just looking for a new gynecologist, our Women’s center in Brownsville, TX, is ready to treat you like family.
Maternity, Labor & Delivery
There’s a reason that more than 2,500 babies are born at Valley Regional Medical Center each year. We treat your family like our own.
Our maternity staff is experienced at all levels of labor and delivery, including pre-partum and high-risk pregnancy. Our Level III NICU (neonatal intensive care unit) is on site, ready to help our tiniest patients. Other newborns enjoy staying by mom’s bedside or in our Newborn Nursery when mom needs a bit more rest.
Our maternity services also include:
- 24-hour availability of epidural placement and high pain management standards.
- Neonatologist, NICU and Respiratory Therapist attend all C-sections and all high-risk deliveries.
- Comprehensive breast-feeding support, from lactation specialists to help you while you are here to additional support once you go home.
- On floor security staff, in addition to state of the art security technology.
- Sleep chair at every bedside.
- Human milk depot in partnership with Austin Milk Bank (first in Valley).
Knowledgeable, caring and compassionate care team for both mom and baby.
Gynecology (GYN) Services
Our women’s services include a full range of gynecology care to meet the needs of women over their lifetime. Our services include:
- Endocrinology to diagnose abnormal bleeding or menstruation issues
- Gyn surgery, including minimally invasive procedures (laparoscopy)
- Birth control counseling and services
- Menopause management
Mammogram & Women’s Imaging
Early detection of breast cancer offers the most options for treatment—and mammograms are the best method for early detection. The American College of Radiology recommends that women get a baseline mammogram between the ages of 35 and 40 and then annual mammograms starting at age 40.
Valley Regional Medical Center offers comprehensive and compassionate mammography services. You can even schedule your mammogram and register online.
Valley Regional also offers Breast MRI services, using a specialized table that makes scans more comfortable and accurate for patients. Other women’s diagnostic services are also available, including breast ultrasound, biopsy and laboratory services.
Tours and Classes
Schedule a tour of our women’s center by calling our Community Relations Manager at (956) 350-7745. We try to accommodate walk ins, but appointments are encouraged so we can make sure you’ll get a complete tour while protecting the privacy of our moms and newborns.
You can also plan to tour our services when you come in for one of our childbirth preparation classes.
- Imaging Services
- Mammogram Scheduling
- Maternity Support Classes
Find a Doctor
Looking for advanced women’s healthcare services where we take care of you like family? Search our doctors and schedule your appointment online: Search & Schedule