Servings and Times
Save leftovers for lunch.
Tip: Not a tofu lover? This dish also goes well with leftover Thanksgiving turkey—either mixed in or on the side.
Ingredients and Preparation
- Press water from tofu by wrapping it between several layers of paper towels and then placing it between 2 dinner plates. Let sit for 15 minutes and then cut into cubes.
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a Dutch oven or large pot over medium-high heat. Add onion, scallions, garlic, and bulgur. Sauté for 8-10 minutes, until onions are tender.
- Stir in stock; bring to a boil and then reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Stir in tofu, squash, and cranberries and cook for another 15-20 minutes, until squash is tender, adding more stock as necessary.
- Stir in nuts and parsley. Season with freshly ground pepper.