Proud to be an HCA Hospital
Valley Regional Medical Center is an HCA Hospital and we benefit from HCA expertise and resources as well as the experience that comes from being one of the nation’s first hospital companies. HCA invests about $1.5 billion in its hospitals every year keeping facilities up to date and brining in the latest technologies. HCA Gulf Coast provides seamless transfers between its hospitals, including access to ground and air transportation within 150 mile radius.
HCA core values of honesty, integrity, fairness and compassion fit right into Valley Regional’s culture of treating patients like family. Our affiliation with HCA allows us to bring world-class medical care and health services into the neighborhoods of Rio Grand Valley, including Brownsville, Harlingen, San Benito and Port Isabel communities.
Our commitment to high quality, compassionate care has been recognized through multiple awards and accreditations, including:
- The Joint Commission Accreditation Gold Seal of Approval
- The Joint Commission Advanced Certification Critical Access Hospital and Home Care
- The Joint Commission 2013 Top Performer in Key Quality Measures for Pneumonia and Surgical Care
- Mission: Lifeline Heart Attack Award, Silver
- Primary Stroke Center Certification from the American Heart Association, American Stroke Association and The Joint Commission.
- HealthGrades Distinguished Hospital Award for Clinical Excellence™ 2015, 2014, 2013
- 2014 Trauma Center Award from the Texas Department of State Health Services EMS/Trauma System
- Recognized by March of Dimes for supporting initiatives for healthy babies and reducing delivery rates prior to 39 weeks of gestation
- Silver Award for Lifeline STEMI from the American Heart Association (AHA)
- HCA President’s Award for Surgical Growth Initiatives
- Diabetes Education Center accredited by the American Diabetes Association
- CAT Scan, Mammography and Ultrasound accredited by the American College of Radiology
- Pathology Laboratory Accredited by The Joint Commission
- Brownsville’s first Donor Human Milk Depot in partnership with Mothers’ Milk Bank at Austin
Hospital Affiliation Letters for Medical Center Staff
Valley Regional Medical Center has a rigorous process of verifying the training, licensure and current competence of healthcare providers before granting privileges (see Credentialing).