A Message from Valley Regional Medical Center's Leadership Team
Thank you for choosing Valley Regional Medical Center (VRMC) for quality health care in your community. We are an HCA Affiliated Hospital in Brownsville, TX also serving neighbors in Harlingen, San Benito and Port Isabel.
A dynamic team of senior executives, physicians, and business leaders help guide VRMC to provide you and your family with a cost-effective, quality health care system that is close to home. Our Leadership Team also evaluates the current health care services and uses their expert knowledge to make recommendations for developing new services and programs at the hospital.
Meet Our Hospital CEO and Leaders
- Art Garza, Chief Executive Officer
- Michael La Coste, Chief Operating Officer
- Joe Hernandez, Chief Financial Officer
- Frank Acevedo, Chief Nursing Officer
- Edward Stiner, Assistant Chief Nursing Officer
Our Hospital Board of Trustees
- Irv Downing, Board Chair
- J. Gabriel Guajardo, M.D., Past Board Chair
- Jose de Luna, M.D., Chief of Staff
- Shanna M. Cox, M.D., Vice-Chair
- Markus Villanueva
- Dominique Vande Maele, M.D.
- Guillaume Boiteau, M.D.
- G. Robert Swantner
- Ronnie Rodriguez
- Art Garza, CEO and Board Secretary
- Troy Villarreal, President, Gulf Coast Division
Our Medical Executive Committee
- Dr. Jose De Luna, Chief of Staff
- Dr. Juan Rodriguez, Vice-Chief
- Dr. Laura Ceballos, Past Chief of Staff
- Dr. Edgar Moncada, Secretary
- Dr. Mark Cua, Cardiology, Chief of Medicine
- Dr. Ricardo Lemus, Chief of OB/GYN
- Dr. Gerardo Sanchez, Chief of Pediatrics
- Dr. Veronica Guerrero, Chief of Surgery