A Message from Valley Regional Medical Center's Leadership Team
Thank you for choosing Valley Regional Medical Center (VRMC) for quality health care in your community. We are an HCA Affiliated Hospital in Brownsville, TX also serving neighbors in Harlingen, San Benito and Port Isabel.
A dynamic team of senior executives, physicians, and business leaders help guide VRMC to provide you and your family with a cost-effective, quality health care system that is close to home. Our Leadership Team also evaluates the current health care services and uses their expert knowledge to make recommendations for developing new services and programs at the hospital.
Meet Our Hospital CEO and Leaders
- Art Garza, Chief Executive Officer
- Michael La Coste, Chief Operating Officer
- Marcia Patterson, Chief Financial Officer
- Sherry Camacho, Chief Nursing Officer
- Frank Acevedo, Assistant Chief Nursing Officer
Our Hospital Board of Trustees
- Yasmin Maldonado, MD, Chair
- Ethel Cantu, Vice-Chair
- Art Garza, Chief ExecutiveOfficer
- Subramaniam Anandasivam, MD
- Jose De Luna, M.D.
- Francisco J. Del Castillo, MD,
- Irv Downing
- Ruben Gallegos, Jr.
- Peggy Gonzalez
- Juan Gabriel Guajardo, M.D.
- Frank Mazzola, MD
- Jim Tipton
- Dominique Vande Maele, MD
- Markus Villanueva
Our Medical Executive Committee
- Dr. Jose De Luna, Chief of Staff
- Dr. Asim Zamir, Vice Chief of Staff
- Dr. Juan F. Rodriguez, Past Chief of Staff
- Dr. Edgar Moncada, MEC Secretary
- Dr. Rafael Arredondo, Chief of Surgery
- Dr. Mark Cua, Chief of Medicine
- Dr. Ricardo Lemus, Chief of OB/GYN
- Dr. Manuel Mendoza, Chief of Pediatrics