Founded as Valley Community Hospital in 1975, Valley Regional Medical Center proudly serves Brownsville, TX and the surrounding communities in the Rio Grande Valley. We are an HCA Gulf Coast hospital committed to providing the best health care for our residents.
Innovation and an unwavering commitment to patient care are the cornerstones of our hospital. Come experience our family centered care at Valley Regional.
Valley Regional Medical Center is a licensed 214-bed Facility with over 200 physicians representing more than 25 specialties. We are leaders in the healthcare industry and specialize in a variety of high quality inpatient and outpatient services including:
- Trauma Center – Valley Regional has a designated Advanced Level III Trauma Center in the emergency department and was honored with the 2014 Trauma Center Award from the Texas Department of State Health Services EMS/Trauma System.
- Women’s Services – Over 2,000 babies are born each year at our hospital. Our women’s department includes labor, delivery and recovery in a home-like setting. We also have a C-section operating room on standby 24 hours a day and a Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit equipped with specially trained staff. Our educational services include prenatal and breastfeeding classes for expecting parents and a Big Brother/Big Sister preparation class.
- Heart & Vascular Services – Receive expert heart care, including treatment for AFib or open-heart surgery, in our cardiovascular department. Valley Regional Medical Center offers a full-range of cardiac services including minimally invasive and open-heart surgery, cardiac cath lab, heart imaging services and more.
- Stroke & Neurosciences – Valley Regional Medical Center is certified as a Primary Stroke Center by The Joint Commission. Our neurologists are ready to help manage complex strokes cases and our lab participates in a certified program to rapidly deliver blood work results so physicians can deliver time-sensitive treatments ASAP.
- Our Diabetes Management services include free diabetes management classes at the hospital, diabetes screening at local health fairs, and bringing our diabetes education program to local schools.
Best Choice for Community Healthcare
From emergency medicine, to diagnostic imaging services, and caring for newborn babies, Valley Regional Medical Center is the hospital that families count on when they’re looking for quality healthcare close to home. We are located at 100 East Alton Gloor Blvd, by Expressway 77, in Brownsville (view map and directions).
Call (956) 350-7000 for more information about VRMC inpatient and outpatient services.