Valley Regional Medical Center in Brownsville, TX, offers patients in the Rio Grande Valley advanced surgical care, including general surgery, orthopedic, cardiovascular, neurosurgery, ob/gyn and more.
Our highly qualified staff of physicians, nurses and surgical support staff treat you like family. We help our patients through the entire journey, from surgery prep through the follow-up after discharge. We take the time to answer any questions you or your family members may have about your procedure, including how to prepare for surgery, what to expect during the surgery, and getting back to normal during surgery recovery.
Patients can save time by pre-registering for procedures online at least 48-hours before the procedure (when possible). Patients that use our online hospital pre-registration scheduling service can cut their wait time at the hospital by up to an hour.
Our surgeons specialize in a variety of surgical procedures including:
- Bariatric Surgery
- Ear, Nose and Throat (ENT)
- General Surgery
- Laparoscopic Surgery
- Urology Surgery
In addition to this wide variety of procedures, we have dedicated teams working in these areas:
- Heart Surgery- Our cardiac surgery team provides stellar care for patients who need angioplasty, coronary artery bypass surgery, stent placement and other heart procedures.
- Robotic Surgery – We perform a number of procedures with the robotic system, which uses a robot to make smaller incisions for less invasive surgery.
- Bariatric Surgery- Our team specializes in the major weight-loss surgery procedures, including roux-en-Y surgery, sleeve gastrectomy, and gastric balloon.
- Ob/Gyn Surgery – Includes C-sections and minimally invasive laparoscopic and robot-assisted hysterectomies.
- Kyphoplasty – This is a back surgery in which a small balloon is inserted into a spinal fracture to realign the spine. A cement-like material is then used to stabilize the bone. This procedure is available on an outpatient basis for many people struggling with osteoporosis back pain.
- Ear, nose and throat (ENT) surgery - Includes tonsil surgery and throat surgery
- Endoscopy surgery - includes Bronchial Thermoplasty to reduce the severity of asthma attacks.
- Colorectal surgery - includes laparoscopic assisted colectomy (colon surgery)
- Adult & pediatric dental surgery – This is for patients needing sedation during dental treatments
Surgery patients can pre-register before the day of surgery and get their pre-admission work completed in one area. This includes lab work and any other necessary medical testing. Patients can also speak to an anesthesiologist and other Medical Professionals to ask questions about their surgery. Learn more about the surgery experience and what to expect.